Auburn Baseball Notebook
Last Week: 2-2
Last Week's Results:
Tuesday -- at Samford (L, 12-3)
Friday -- vs. Mississippi State (W, 2-1)
Saturday -- vs. Mississippi State (L, 7-2)
Sunday -- vs. Mississippi State (W, 7-5)
This Week's Schedule:
Tuesday -- vs. UAB (6 p.m.)
Friday -- at Alabama (6 p.m.)
Saturday -- at Alabama (7 p.m.)
Sunday -- at Alabama (1 p.m.)
Last Week's Top Performers
Casey Mize -- Jr. -- RHP -- Springville, Ala.
1 GS, 1-0, 1.00 ERA, 9.0 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Turned in his second complete-game of the season in a win vs. Mississippi State.
- Struck out nine or more batters for the sixth time this season and turned in his sixth straight quality start -- all of 7.0 innings or longer.
- It was his also his sixth outing in which he didn't issue a walk -- his strikeout-to-walk ratio this season is now 86 to four.
Cody Greenhill -- Fr. -- RHP -- Russellville, Ala.
1 GP, 1-0, 4.50 ERA, 4.1 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Earned his first SEC win in relief in the series clincher vs. Mississippi State.
- Struck out a season-high five batters and didn't issue a walk.
- Backed up a seven-run sixth inning by retiring nine of the final 12 batters he faced to end the game.
Will Holland -- So. -- IF -- Russellville, Ga.
4 GP/GS, .375/.412/.625, 6-for-16, 1 BB, 2 R, 1 2B, 1 HR, 4 RBI
- Recorded a hit in all four games last week.
- Matched a career high with three hits and a season high with three RBI at Samford.
- Hit his sixth home run of the season in Birmingham, doubling his total from a year ago.
- Drove in a run in a 2-1 win in the series opener vs. Mississippi State.
Auburn series win against Mississippi State was its second straight against the Bulldogs ... it was also the team's ninth SEC series win since the start of last season ... the Tigers used a seven-run sixth inning highlighted by a go-ahead home run from Brendan Venter to defeat the Bulldogs, 7-5, in the rubber match ... Venter became the fifth different Tiger with six or more home runs this season ... the team's 36 home runs are three shy of matching the most in a season since leading the NCAA with 131 home runs in 2010 ... Auburn's seven runs in the sixth inning were the team's 23rd inning with four or more runs, surpassing last season's total ... the Tigers are now 14-0 when scoring four or more runs in an inning and 18-0 when scoring five or more runs in a game ... Casey Mize got the Tigers off to a good start in the series against the Bulldogs with his second complete game of the season and fourth of his career ... the start was Mize's sixth straight quality outing of 7.0 or more innings ... it was also his sixth start this season and 10th since the start of last season during which he didn't issue a walk ... with nine more strikeouts in the game, Mize ranks one shy of Tim Hudson for eighth all-time with 254 career strikeouts ... his strikeout-to-walk ratio this season is now 86-4 and since the start of last season is 195-13.